Tuesday, December 14, 2004

CJ's Christmas Concert

Luckily for me, I got off work on-timeish tonight because as soon as I walked in the door, my phone rings.

It's my oldest son CJ on his way to his Christmas Concert that he forgot to tell me about. (Was hoping I'd get a nice hot bath but, oh well, change of plans)

Dad comes to pick me up and we all go to the school. Dad, Me, and Devon (my youngest, who's 10 1/2) find seats. As we watch the kids line up, I see just why my beautiful Baby Boy decided to join Chorus in the first place. He is one of 3 boys amidst 65 girls, mostly all blondes. (hmmph, starting early, ain't he?) He sees me watching him and gives me this big grin! (uh huh, he knows what momma's thinking and is very proud of himself, lol!)

After they sing, the group moves for the others to perform and I see my innocent? little boy (he's 11 1/2) flirting with 5 different little girls, who are watching him with googly eyes. He keeps looking up at us in the bleachers with that look that is his trademark!! (not sure where he got it, but already don't like it, lol!)

Meanwhile, Devon decides to take a picture of the flirting (with the new digital cam he got from Grandma when she was here last weekend) and says "Now I have proof of him flirting with other girls." He says that he is going to show it to CJ's girlfriend (whom I find out he likes too, and for good reason? she's a little cutie)

I already know that if he does try this, there's going to be a fight but, they're at dad's so he'll be the one having to break it up this time, thank goodness, lol!! Dad turns to me and says "Gee, wonder where he got that flirty nature from?" I just shrugged and said "I dunno, where?" (yeah, I'm grinning at this point)

Next comes the other choirs and the bands perform. The concert ended with a Sing-Along of Christmas Carols (that I happily joined in).

All in all, it was a great concert and the kids did really well. Some of the groups have made it to State Competitions already and it's just Middle School!

I end up giving the PTSO (Parent Teacher School Organization) a donation and buying CJ one of the blanket/rugs that they are selling to raise money and we leave to head to Taco Bell before I get dropped off at home.

Yeah, so my plans got altered a bit but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

I'm trying to post pics of the "look" that CJ is now becoming infamous for and their performance tonight, if you can't see them, try going to angelbearkiss.blogspot.com, they're visible there.

Hope ya'll had a great night too.

Sweet Dreams!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home