Tuesday, May 30, 2006

it's still rocknroll to me

much to Jason's dismay, I have recently gotten back on a "sit in front of my winmedia player and listen to songs with a beer or 4" phase when life so allows .... and being the ripe old age of 36, there's been alot of music that I have acquired .... heavy metal, hair bands, pop shit (ugh, guilty pleasure, sorry), oldies, country, rockabilly .. you name it, I got it .... and I got ALOT of it ....

and I guess maybe, he'd be ok with me just bouncing from song to song - gosh only knowing what genre - like a sugar laden kid with ADD .... but I, being me, have to take it a few steps further ...

I sit and bug him playing musical jeopardy "name that tune." yeah yeah, so "name that tune" was a game-show of it's own (might still be, hellifiknow) but musical jeopardy means that he's subjected to everything his ears can (or can't) imagine. no rhyme, no reason - and the only category is "Music ABK wants to play to see if her hubby can guess what it is to entertain her" and if he don't wanna play? I irritate him like that same sugar laden ADD Kid ... you know, in the whiny voice that's slighty tainted by a few bud lights?? "honey, please, tell me what this song is? I betcha can't do it. Huuuuunnnnneeeyyyyyy. it's easy. you don't have to play that long" ....

So yeah, being my adorable hubby, he eventually gives in and plays along ... (Gee, wonder if that's why he calls me "Princess?") and at times, he surprises me with his accuracy. But there are times, when I thoroughly blow his mind with shit. hee hee ... ok, so maybe it's a bit sadistic of me to get a guilty pleasurable laugh knowing I can still shock my hubby, even if it is with music from before his mother was born, lol ... sometimes, you just gotta take what you can get ...

hey, what was this blog about again? oh yeah, music and torturing my hubby .... . I promise I was never that ADD Sugar Laden kid ... even though you are probably wondering if I took my meds today, lol ...

anywho - in my musical explorations of late, i have rediscovered my love for Kix. A not well known band from the area I grew up with. Yes, I was into them heavily - tight pants, long hair, local boys that liked to party ... screaming guitars ... (did it get hot in here?) where was I again?? oops! dang ADD ... luckily for me, they're now on MySpace. And even luckier is that I recently found my fave song from them after years of searching (when I remembered I was looking for it) it's a song called "Yeah Yeah Yeah" and it's wrong as hell but still my favorite ... go figure ...

well, I just wanted to let all those out there that have recently discovered that under my "drunken debaucherous image" is a martha stewart/june cleaver type ... I'm still me and I'm still here ... though a bit more settled at times .... so I'm better. like wine when it ages and the floaty shit settles to the bottom, right ... ???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home